What you will require:
- A tape measure
- Pen and paper (to write information on)
Important things to consider:
- Decide where the blinds are to be fitted (inside or outside the window frame)
- If inside the window frame check for the following things: window bars and handles, depth of window and material of the window i.e. Timber, tiles etc
- Always indicate measurements in millimetres (mm) and always indicate width then drop.
- A good rule is measure twice.
Reveal measurement (inside the window frame):
Width is from the inside of the window jamb
Measure from left to right
Measure at the top of the window
Drop is from the inside of the window jamb
Measure in three spots, left, middle and right sides
Face Fit Measurement (outside the window frame):
Width is from out side of architrave to outside of architrave.
Drop is from top of architrave to the bottom of architrave